Sunday, January 17, 2010

soccer!

The seminary has a rec league soccer team, the Heretics, and I got the chance to play with them tonight. It's an indoor game in the winter up north, for all you southerners who wonder how they play in the snow. ;) Fortunately there were five women that showed up for this game, which was great because three are required on the field at all times, so that meant there were subs. I am way out of shape, so I definitely needed subbing. It was a lot of fun though, and a good game. We ended up tied 2-2, but we almost pulled out the win. The ref made a few questionable calls, too. The other team was good, too, so it was just a good time. Part of being out of shape means I had a little more trouble staying on my feet, though, so I now have turf burn on both knees, but it's not bad and I'm definitely used to it. Kind of makes me feel like I tried, or something. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be very sore tomorrow, and I will certainly sleep well tonight. I will hopefully go snowshoeing with a couple of girls tomorrow, though, so that should be fun and interesting (and help work the soreness out of my muscles). There is also another soccer game next Sunday, and I will still be here for that, so I can play again.
Alright, I'll try to do a little more reading (it doesn't hold my attention so it takes forever...) and then sleep. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment