Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm really far north...

Maybe that sounds dumb, but apparently I'm only like 5 hours from the Canadian border. That's really not that far. Maybe I should take the opportunity to visit Canada while I'm here. Hmmm. The other sign that I'm really far north is that when I went to Chipotle last night and ordered the burrito I usually get when I'm there, with the corn salsa stuff...well, I'm pretty much a total wimp when it comes to spicy food, and about halfway through the burrito I start crying. I like having corn in my burrito, so I get it, but still, it's so spicy it makes me cry. This burrito, however, had the corn salsa like usual, but I made it through the whole burrito without even an afterburn on my tongue. I must admit I was a little disappointed. These northerners really are wimps. I mean, it was good, but I hardly know what to do if it doesn't make me cry. Makes me wonder how hot the hot wings are, too.
Unfortunately, I did not get to have pancakes this morning. Hopefully they will have them next week. Miscommunication and an attempt at being social made me miss breakfast, but oh well.
I went to Target again last night, which was nice because I was starting to worry I was going to run out of food. They had the Mountain Dew Throwback! I was so excited! The Dew website had told me there wasn't going to be any here or in Texas, so I was pleasantly surprised that they had lied. I only wish I could take a whole bunch back with me, but TSA might find it suspicious if I had a suitcase full of soda (and it's NOT pop, as they say up here).
In other random news, I saw a red bird today. It landed in the tree, and then flew away as I was trying to take a picture. I was disappointed, but later it flew back again, and I did get a photo. That made me happy. I also went for a walk this afternoon, which did wonders for my focus. Have you ever had those days where you wake up all ready to be productive, then some things happen and your work ethic is shot? That was today, until I finally gave up and went for a walk this afternoon and that cleared my head a little so I could finish my homework. Going for a walk is not quite the same when it's thirty degrees and there's snow on the ground, but this is the warmest it's been so far, so it wasn't too bad.
My last thought is that snow starts to get boring when it just sits there. It is also starting to melt a little, so the sidewalks are a little slushy in places. Kind of gross. It might snow again on Tuesday, though, so I hope it does. That would be more exciting.
Well, I can't remember anything else I was going to tell you, and it's about bedtime, so I bid you goodnight and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment