Monday, January 4, 2010

seminary adventures: part two

The guy that laughed at my comment about sliding on an icy street I met at lunch today through a girl in my first class who liked my soccer bag and plays soccer. So the dude, Ben, offered to let me go with him to Target since he was going anyway so I could get some food so I don't have to eat in the cafeteria the whole time. (I'm cheap, you people know me)
Driving in snow is a fascinating experience. I find snow fascinating in general. Being inside a car that's covered in snow is not really any warmer than standing next to the car covered in snow.
Target was similar, but some of the products are different. They also asked if I wanted paper or plastic bags! I haven't been asked that in a long time. My favorite, though, is that they had CAFFEINE FREE MOUNTAIN DEW! I did not know that existed, and I was so excited I had to get some. I am only sad that I can't take any back with me. Not that I need any more at home anyway, but it's caffeine free! My dream come true! (No, really I usually dream a little bigger than that, but hey, it's the little things) Ben also told me that I could take yogurt and stick it outside the window and then eat it frozen, so I'm going to try that.
Ben is a pretty cool dude so far, and he's been fun to hang out with and chat with. He knows Tim, too, and is going to be Tim's roommate in their cross-cultural mission course in the Holy Land. A couple of new friend-types has definitely made this a bit more fun so far, and not me just staring at the computer screen. But I'll be more alone tomorrow again, so we'll see what happens next. I need to go visit the bookstore, and that is going to take a lot of self-control because there are a lot of nice things in there. Lots of stuff to look at. I'll tell y'all about that tomorrow.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment