Tuesday, August 24, 2010

and so it begins

Howdy, y'all.
CPE started yesterday, and I have two weeks of orientation before we get into the real deal. It went fine, nothing terribly exciting, we got id badges and some introductions to the CPE group and a few logistical things. It is kind of exciting in prospect, along with the usual dreaded dull work that will go along with it (learning scheduling and charting and email and having to write verbatims and such) but there will be some interesting experiences, no doubt. I won't pretend I'm not nervous about it, and in certain moments entirely petrified, but it's going to be an interesting experience where I will have to dig deep and bring out some of me that I usually allow to lie dormant. I think perhaps some of y'all won't entirely recognize me when I get home for Christmas. Then there are other moments when I look at my calendar that is already getting full before I've even really started the semester, and I think December can't come fast enough. This should be interesting, at any rate. The group and the supervisor seem pretty decent, at least, which is good since I've heard plenty of stories about that part being terrible.

In other news, the weather is cooling off, but it seems to be having a hard time deciding whether its fall or not. A cold front came through again, so it only got up to about 75 today, but yesterday it was in the upper 80s. Someone said 88, though when I walked out of the hospital after CPE yesterday one of my group members said something about it being hot, and I just thought, no, not really. Ah well. I'll just appreciate the fact that it's not 102, and pretend like winter is not coming soon. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment