Friday, July 2, 2010

the letter P

So, I was going to write a post, brought to you by the letter P, about patience, and talk about how I often run headlong into things and get overzealous so that I crash into the wall rather than walking up to it and stepping over. However, that was about a week ago, so I'm not sure I even remember half the witty and profound things I was going to say about that. Sorry. The moral of the story, though, is patience. Just chill out sometimes and things will be okay, everything is not going to make perfect sense and all line up right from the beginning.

As for the next set of things to tell you, wow. I'm not even sure I remember what I did the last couple of weeks, except go to Hebrew class. There was some soccer in there too. The Germany/England game was a total nail biter. Super exciting. I am very nervous about the Germany/Argentina game tomorrow. I really want Germany to win, but I doubt Argentina's going to just lay down and get run over. Why is Germany my team? I have been asked that a lot lately. I don't really want to get into patriotism and stuff, and I totally cheered for the US team in their games, but Germany's just my team! So there. I love Germany like I love soccer, and there's no longer logic or reasoning behind it. It's deeper than that.

On that note, though, I sincerely wish I were bilingual. At least. English and German, and then Spanish would be my next language. I can't decide if I've failed in that regard, or just not had the right opportunities. Alas. Perhaps one day.

It's actually rather warm today, and according to the weather on my iphone, actually warmer by a few degrees here than in TX thanks to rain from the hurricane. It's sunny up here. Still okay, but makes my room a bit warm. I think the mornings and evenings are cooler, though.

I am determined to get my room finally arranged and decorated this weekend. I only have about a year before I will probably have to pack it up again anyway, so might as well have it decorated the longest.

I also had thought I might have more kernels of wisdom to impart, but I seem to have forgotten them. Wisdom is indeed so fleeting. I should probably try learning more Hebrew, too. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment